SAME DAY SERVICE Call By 10am....and We Will Be There Today!
SAVE MONEY! Upfront "Straight Forward Pricing" Reasonable Rates, Know The Price Before We Start!
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed 2 years parts and labor on repairs. 5 years on circuit breaker panels.
Background Checked Tech's All of our employee's have been background checked to ensure that they have no criminal record.
Drug Tested Technicians All of our employee's are drug tested so can be sure of what type of person you are allowing into your home.
Clean Professional Service We promise to clean up any mess we make or your repair is free.
Aluminum Wiring and Its Danger
"Wait," you may be saying, "Is there really a problem?"
No one knows what the actual statistics are. That's because when fires occur, the cause of the fire may be reported only as "electrical" instead of "aluminum wiring." But the issues are real enough that the Saint John Electrical Inspector has issued a warning about the dangers of aluminum wiring.
As you can see by the photo to the right, aluminum wiring can cause many problems. The charred dryer outlet shows the overheating that occurs with aluminum wiring. We've seen plugs where the prongs are so often overheated from aluminum house wiring that the prongs crumble when the plug is pulled from the outlet.
Unfortunately, most people don't know they have aluminum wiring. But given the risk, is it worth your children's safety not to find out?
If you have a house that was built in the '60s or '70s (or is it was remodeled or an addition added at that time), you should call an electrical contractor to find out if the wiring in your house is aluminum. The contractor, if he or she finds aluminum wiring, can then let you know your options. These may include rewiring the house with copper wire; however, that option is often too expensive for most people. There are other options and we can let you know about them.
You should also be aware of different signs that may tell you that there are problems with your wiring. These include:
If you notice any of these signs, whatever you do, don't try and fix it yourself. We've seen houses where the only thing that kept a fire from breaking out was that the outlet plate kept air (and combustible oxygen) from the defective, dangerous wires.
If you think you may have aluminum wiring or you've experienced any of the danger symptoms, immediately stop using the appliance or device, turn off the breaker and call Mister Electric at 301-449-9440
Send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
with questions or comments about this web site.